Rental housing regulations vary across the country. To find out which rules will apply to you, please select the province or territory where you wish to move:
Les lois diffèrent selon les provinces ou le territoire. Pour mieux vous servir, on aimerait connaitre
Terminating a guarantee
Your tenant leaves? Want to sell your property? No problem, the contract ends with your signature (electronic) on the notice of termination of the certificate. You can request it yourself in the client area.
Has your tenant never missed a rent payment? Is he or she leaving the dwelling in good condition? Then you had a model tenant!
Go to the Client Zone to notify us that the lease will not be renewed. This will terminate the guarantee.
In case of damage
An accident can happen all too quickly. If your tenant damages anything in the dwelling and accepts responsibility for the damage:
- We will reimburse you for the repair or replacement costs. This payment shall not exceed the amount provided for in the Certificate of Guarantee.
- We will then claim these amounts from the tenant. However, if the tenant does not accept responsibility for the damage:
- You must initiate the legal proceedings you deem necessary.
- If the final and binding decision of the court establishes that the tenant must compensate you, you must send us a copy of the judgment.
- We will compensate you. This compensation shall not exceed the amount provided for in the Certificate of Guarantee.
- Afterward, we will claim this amount from the tenant.
Frequently asked questions
Here are some answers that will provide additional clarification.
How much do the services cost?
My tenant has damaged the apartment and is moving soon. To whom should I be speaking?
My tenant hasn’t paid me in two months. What should I do?
My method for checking my tenant’s credit history works well. Why would I want to deal with Locnest?
Can I go through Locnest for my commercial leases?
What information do I need to provide to my tenants for them to complete a guarantee request?