Rental housing regulations vary across the country. To find out which rules will apply to you, please select the province or territory where you wish to move:
Les lois diffèrent selon les provinces ou le territoire. Pour mieux vous servir, on aimerait connaitre
In case of damage
- We will reimburse you for the repair or replacement costs. This payment shall not exceed the amount provided for in the Certificate of Guarantee.
- We will then claim these amounts from the tenant. However, if the tenant does not accept responsibility for the damage:
- You must initiate the legal proceedings you deem necessary.
- If the final and binding decision of the court establishes that the tenant must compensate you, you must send us a copy of the judgment.
- We will compensate you. This compensation shall not exceed the amount provided for in the Certificate of Guarantee.
- Afterward, we will claim this amount from the tenant.
Frequently asked questions
How much do the services cost?
My tenant has damaged the apartment and is moving soon. To whom should I be speaking?
My tenant hasn’t paid me in two months. What should I do?
My method for checking my tenant’s credit history works well. Why would I want to deal with Locnest?
Can I go through Locnest for my commercial leases?
What information do I need to provide to my tenants for them to complete a guarantee request?